RBS has an exceptional and dedicated team at your disposal.
Four lawyers were recognized in the 2016 edition of Best Lawyers in Canada. Inclusion in Best Lawyers® is based entirely on peer-review. The methodology is designed to capture, as accurately as possible, the consensus opinion of leading lawyers about the professional abilities of their colleagues within the same geographical area and legal practice area. Over 79,000 leading attorneys globally are eligible to vote, and more than 12 million votes to date have been cast on the legal abilities of other lawyers based on their specific practice areas around the world.
Jeffrey J. Lowe Q.C., was recognized by Best Lawyers® in the area of Corporate Law and first recognized in the 2015 edition. Mark R. Davies was recognized by Best Lawyers® in the area of Insolvency and Financial Restructuring Law. James Vilvang was recognized by Best Lawyers® in the area of Personal Injury Litigation. Michael Shane was recognized by Best Lawyers® in the area of Real Estate Law.
Additional noteworthy highlights include:
- Queen’s Counsel honours bestowed upon five of our lawyers: Jeff Lowe, Q.C., Sharon White, Q.C., Peter Spencer, Q.C., Jim Vilvang, Q.C., and David Hay, Q.C.
- Jeff Lowe, Q.C. was awarded “Advanced Education Lawyer of the Year – Canada” in the 2015 Corporate LiveWire Legal Awards.
- Angela Spanjers received the In-Depth Tax Course, Chartered Professional Accountants of Canada, 2014-2015 Top 3 Year 3 Project Award.
- Jim Vilvang, Q.C., received the Trial Lawyers Association of British Columbia Award for Outstanding Contribution, 2003 and is the recipient of the Georges Goyer Award for Distinguished Service to the Profession, 2011.
- Georg Reuter was the recipient of the 2002-2003 Federal Deputy Minister’s Pride and Recognition Award for outstanding success in the strategic management of complex litigation.
- Our management team are all women.
- Colin Millar was appointed as amicus curiae (“friend of the court”) to the Supreme Court of Canada in 2006 .