RBS has an exceptional and dedicated team at your disposal.
Our lawyers have been recognized in the 2019 edition of Best Lawyers® in Canada. Inclusion in this publication is based entirely on peer-review. The methodology is designed to capture, as accurately as possible, the consensus opinion of leading lawyers about the professional abilities of their colleagues within the same geographical and legal practice areas.
Jeffrey J. Lowe Q.C. has been recognized in the area of Corporate Law for the 2015-2019 editions. Mark R. Davies has been recognized in the area of Insolvency and Financial Restructuring Law for the 2016-2019 editions. James D. Vilvang Q.C. has been recognized in the area of Personal Injury Litigation for the 2016-2019 editions. Sharon White Q.C. was recognized in the area of Real Estate Law, and was first recognized in the 2018 edition. Michael Leroux was recognized in the area of Commercial Leasing Law, and was first recognized in the 2018 edition.
Additional noteworthy highlights include:
- Queen’s Counsel honours bestowed upon five of our lawyers: Jeff Lowe, Q.C., Sharon White, Q.C., Peter Spencer, Q.C., Jim Vilvang, Q.C., and David Hay, Q.C.
- Jeff Lowe, Q.C. was awarded “Advanced Education Lawyer of the Year – Canada” in the 2015 – 2018 Corporate LiveWire Legal Awards.
- Angela Spanjers received the In-Depth Tax Course, Chartered Professional Accountants of Canada, 2014-2015 Top 3 Year 3 Project Award.
- James D. Vilvang, Q.C., received the Trial Lawyers Association of British Columbia Award for Outstanding Contribution, 2003 and is the recipient of the Georges Goyer Award for Distinguished Service to the Profession, 2011.
- Georg Reuter was the recipient of the 2002-2003 Federal Deputy Minister’s Pride and Recognition Award for outstanding success in the strategic management of complex litigation.
- Our management team consisting of Shirley Madden (Information Technology), Cindy Hildebrandt (Human Resources), Nancy Read (Accounting), and Priscilla Martindale (Business Development) are all women.
- Colin Millar was appointed as amicus curiae (“friend of the court”) to the Supreme Court of Canada in 2006 .