Jeffrey J. Lowe, Q.C.
Practice AreasAdvanced Education and Research Charities and Not-for-Profit Corporate Services Franchising Intellectual Property Licensing and Technology Transfer Mergers and Acquisitions Securities and Corporate Finance Startups and New Ventures Succession Planning for Privately Owned Businesses
Share This Page
Jeff Lowe, Q.C., has been the firm’s Managing Partner since 1995, and is currently the practice leader for the Advanced Education and Research Group, and a member of the Business Transactions Group.
Jeff is a past chairman of the Pacific Rim Advisory Council (PRAC), a strategic alliance of law firms in 37 countries representing over 12,000 lawyers, and is a former director of the Centre for Drug Research and Development. From 2014 to 2018, Jeff was Vice Chair of the Langara College Board.
Jeff was named Queen’s Counsel in 2013.
He regularly acts for corporate, institutional and high-tech companies in corporate finance, intellectual property, licensing and franchising. His experience includes:
- Mergers and Acquisitions: Assists clients with acquisitions, divestures, restructuring and owner operator succession planning
- Intellectual Property: Licensing, research collaborations and technology development
- Corporate Finance: Assists clients with the structuring of private and public equity financings
- Franchising: Represents franchisees in the development and operations of franchise systems
REPRESENTATIVE CLIENT WORK
- Acquisition and divestiture of private educational institutes
- Formation of a leading research institute
- Financing of start-up biotech and software companies
- Franchising of a national retail chain
HONOURS AND AWARDS
Jeff has been recognized by Best Lawyers® in the area of Corporate Law for the 2015 to 2020 editions. Inclusion in this publication is based entirely on peer-review.
Jeff was awarded “Advanced Education Lawyer of the Year – Canada” for the 2018 Corporate LiveWire Legal Awards. Recognition is based on nominations of individuals’ achievements and strengths in this specific industry during this calendar year.
- Vice Chair, Langara College Board
- Past Chair, Pacific Rim Advisory Council
- Former Director, Centre for Drug Research and Development
Jeff was an active volunteer with the Greater Vancouver Food Bank from 2009 – 2019, participating in monthly food sort initiatives. He has also been chair of a charitable foundation which raised funds for the further development of an educational institution.
Jeffrey J. Lowe's Recent Activity
RBS is a Platinum Sponsor of the Canadian Association of University Solicitors (CAUS) Conference
May 6, 2019
This annual conference takes place on May 23rd to 25th in Whistler, BC. The lawyers in our Institutions...
9 Partners Recognized in The Best Lawyers™ in Canada 2020
August 21, 2019
Since it was first published in 1983, Best Lawyers® has become regarded as the definitive guide to legal excellence. Acknowledgment and...