Jeffrey J. Lowe, Q.C.
Practice AreasAdvanced Education and Research Charities and Not-for-Profit Corporate Services Franchising Intellectual Property Licensing and Technology Transfer Mergers and Acquisitions Securities and Corporate Finance Startups and New Ventures Succession Planning for Privately Owned Businesses
Share This Page
Jeff Lowe, Q.C. became the firm’s Managing Partner in 1989, and was in this role for 5 years before taking a short leave. He resumed as Managing Partner in 1995, a post which Jeff still presently maintains. He is also the practice leader for the Advanced Education and Research Group, and an active member of the Business Transactions Group.
He is a past chairman of the Pacific Rim Advisory Council (PRAC), a strategic alliance of law firms in 37 countries representing over 12,000 lawyers, and a former director of the Centre for Drug Research and Development. From 2014 to 2018, Jeff was Vice Chair of the Langara College Board.
Jeff was named Queen’s Counsel in 2013.
He regularly acts for corporate, institutional and high-tech companies in corporate finance, intellectual property, licensing and franchising. His experience includes:
- Mergers and Acquisitions: Assists clients with acquisitions, divestitures, restructuring and owner operator succession planning.
- Intellectual Property: Licensing, research collaborations and technology development.
- Corporate Finance: Assists clients with the structuring of private and public equity financings.
- Franchising: Represents franchisees in the development and operations of franchise systems.
REPRESENTATIVE CLIENT WORK
- Acquisition and divestiture of private educational institutes
- Formation of a leading research institute
- Financing of start-up biotech and software companies
- Franchising of a national retail chain
HONOURS AND AWARDS
Jeff has been recognized by Best Lawyers® in the area of Corporate Law for the 2015 to 2021 editions. Inclusion in this publication is based entirely on peer-review.
Jeff was awarded “Advanced Education Lawyer of the Year – Canada” for the 2018 Corporate LiveWire Legal Awards. Recognition is based on nominations of individuals’ achievements and strengths in this specific industry during this calendar year.
- Vice Chair, Langara College Board
- Past Chair, Pacific Rim Advisory Council
- Former Director, Centre for Drug Research and Development
Jeff was an active volunteer with the Greater Vancouver Food Bank from 2009 – 2019, participating in monthly food sort initiatives. He has also been chair of a charitable foundation which raised funds for the further development of an educational institution.
Jeffrey J. Lowe's Recent Activity
RBS’ Annual University Counsel CLE Virtual Seminar
March 5, 2021
Sze-Mei Yeung, Jeff Lowe, Q.C. and Georg Reuter facilitated our annual Advanced Education...
RBS Donates $20,000 to Covenant House Vancouver
December 11, 2020
On behalf of all of us, Jeff Lowe, Q.C. and Sharon White Q.C. present a cheque to