Jeffrey J. Lowe, K.C.
Share This Page
Jeff Lowe, K.C. became the firm’s Managing Partner in 1989, and was in this role for 5 years before taking a short leave. He resumed as Managing Partner in 1995, a post which Jeff maintained until December 31, 2022.
Jeff is a member of both the Advanced Education and Research, and Business Transactions Groups.
He was a past chairman of the Pacific Rim Advisory Council (PRAC), a strategic alliance of law firms in 37 countries representing over 12,000 lawyers, and will continue to be one of the firm’s delegates to PRAC. He was also a former director of the Centre for Drug Research and Development. From 2014 to 2018, Jeff was Vice Chair of the Langara College Board, and most recently was appointed as the Conflicts of Interest Advisor by the Board of Governors of The University of British Columbia, effective January 1, 2023.
Jeff was named King’s Counsel in 2013.
In his legal career he has acted for corporate, institutional and high-tech companies in corporate finance, intellectual property, licensing and franchising. His experience includes:
- Mergers and Acquisitions: Assisting clients with acquisitions, divestitures, restructuring and owner operator succession planning;
- Intellectual Property: Licensing, research collaborations and technology development;
- Corporate Finance: Assisting clients with the structuring of private and public equity financings; and
- Franchising: Representing franchisees in the development and operations of franchise systems.
REPRESENTATIVE CLIENT WORK
- Acquisition and divestiture of private educational institutes
- Formation of a leading research institute
- Financing of start-up biotech and software companies
- Franchising of a national retail chain
HONOURS & AWARDS
Jeff was recognized by Best Lawyers® in the area of Corporate Law for the 2015 to 2023 editions. Inclusion in this publication is based entirely on peer-review.
Jeff was awarded “Advanced Education Lawyer of the Year – Canada” for the 2018 Corporate LiveWire Legal Awards. Recognition is based on nominations of individuals’ achievements and strengths in this specific industry during this calendar year.
- Vice Chair, Langara College Board
- Past Chair, Pacific Rim Advisory Council
- Former Director, Centre for Drug Research and Development
Jeff was an active volunteer with the Greater Vancouver Food Bank from 2009 – 2019, participating in monthly food sort initiatives. He has also been chair of a charitable foundation which raised funds for the further development of an educational institution.
Jeffrey J. Lowe's Recent Activity
RBS’ Annual University Counsel CLE Virtual Seminar
March 5, 2021
Sze-Mei Yeung, Jeff Lowe, Q.C. and Georg Reuter facilitated our annual Advanced Education...
Jeffrey J. Lowe, K.C., Retires as Managing Partner
December 1, 2022
Jeff Lowe, K.C. became our firm’s Managing Partner in 1989. He took a short leave then resumed the position...