RBS has an exceptional and dedicated team at your disposal.
Our lawyers have been recognized in several editions of Best Lawyers® in Canada. Inclusion in this publication is based entirely on peer-review. The methodology is designed to capture, as accurately as possible, the consensus opinion of leading lawyers about the professional abilities of their colleagues within the same geographical and legal practice areas.
Congratulation to the following 10 lawyers for their distinction in these specific areas of law:
- Jeff Lowe K.C. (Partner) has been recognized in the area of Corporate Law for the 2015 – 2022 editions.
- James D. Vilvang K.C. (Senior Associate Counsel) has been recognized in the area of Personal Injury Litigation for the 2016 – 2022 editions.
- Sharon White K.C. (Partner) has been recognized in the area of Real Estate Law for the 2018 – 2022 editions.
- Michael Leroux (Partner) has been recognized in the area of Commercial Leasing Law for the 2018 – 2022 editions.
- Dan D. Nugent (Partner) in the area of Personal lnjury Litigation for the 2019 – 2022 editions.
- H. Scott MacDonald (Partner) in the area of Commercial Leasing Law for the 2020 – 2022 editions.
- David Hay K.C. (Partner) in the area of Personal lnjury Litigation for the 2020 – 2022 editions.
- Sze-Mei Yeung (Partner) in the areas of Intellectual Property and Technology Law for the 2020 – 2022 editions.
- Silvana F. Facchin (Partner) in the area of Corporate Law for the 2020 – 2022 editions.
- Nicole C. Mangan (Partner) in the area of Commercial Leasing Law for the 2021 – 2022 editions.
We have been recognized as an industry leader in the area of Real Estate – British Columbia in the 2022 edition of Chambers Canada.
Chambers Canada recommends leading lawyers and provincial, national and international law firms. Chambers rankings are based on extensive due diligence conducted by a dedicated research team, and offers unparalleled insight to help those seeking legal counsel make an informed decision.
- Queen’s Counsel honours bestowed upon five of our lawyers: Jeff Lowe, K.C., Sharon White, K.C., Peter Spencer, K.C. (retired in 2020), Jim Vilvang, K.C., and David Hay, K.C.
- Jeff Lowe, K.C. was awarded “Advanced Education Lawyer of the Year – Canada” in the 2015 – 2018 Corporate LiveWire Legal Awards.
- Angela Spanjers received the In-Depth Tax Course, Chartered Professional Accountants of Canada, 2014-2015 Top 3 Year 3 Project Award.
- James D. Vilvang, K.C., received the Trial Lawyers Association of British Columbia Award for Outstanding Contribution, 2003 and is the recipient of the Georges Goyer Award for Distinguished Service to the Profession, 2011.
- Georg Reuter was the recipient of the 2002-2003 Federal Deputy Minister’s Pride and Recognition Award for outstanding success in the strategic management of complex litigation.
- Colin Millar (retired in 2020) was appointed as amicus curiae (“friend of the court”) to the Supreme Court of Canada in 2006 .
- Our senior management team consisting of Shirley Madden (Information Technology), Cindy Hildebrandt (Human Resources), Nancy Read (Accounting), Priscilla Martindale (Business Development & Marketing), Ronda Smyth (Office Administrator, Surrey), and Lejla Pekaric (Chief Administrative Officer) are all women.