James D. Vilvang, Q.C.
Practised with Sutton Braidwood and merged firm Richards Buell Sutton LLP to date
Jim Vilvang is a senior partner with the Litigation group at Richards Buell Sutton LLP. He was called to the Bar in British Columbia in 1974 and in the Yukon in 1994. Jim is also a Qualified Commercial Mediator. He was awarded Queen’s Counsel status in 1996.
Jim has been a distinguished and recognized trial lawyer for over 40 years and is highly regarded by all sectors of the bar for his work ethic, insight, and love of the legal profession.
Jim was recognized by Best Lawyers® in the area of Personal Injury Litigation. Inclusion in this publication is based entirely on peer-review.
Jim provides legal services through The James Vilvang Law Corporation.
REPRESENTATIVE CLIENT WORK
- Genesis Fertility Centre Inc. v. Yuzpe, 2019 BCSC 233.
- Dubois v. Lucid Distributors Inc., 2018 BCSC 1582
- Jacobs v. Yehia, 2018 BCSC 420
- Wright v. Mistry, 2017 BCSC 239
- Strother v. Darc, 2016 BCCA 297
- Strother v. Darc, 2015 BCSC 2507
- Jacobs v. Yehia, 2016 BCCA 38
- Jacobs v. Yehia, 2015 BCSC 267
- Maras v. Seemore Entertainment Ltd., 2014 BCSC 1109
- Harvey v. 5505 Yukon Ltd. et al., 2012 YKSC 69
- Burnett v. Moir, 2011 BCSC 1469
- Boot (Guardian of) v. Saladin, 1998 CanLII 6385 (BC SC)
HONOURS AND AWARDS
- Canadian Bar Association – George A. Goyer Award for Distinguished Service 2011
- Trial Lawyers Association of BC – Award for Outstanding Contribution – 2003
- Jim has been recognized by Best Lawyers® in the area of Personal Injury Litigation for the 2015 to 2019 editions. Inclusion in this publication is based entirely on peer-review.
James D. Vilvang's Recent Activity
Members of RBS’ Personal Injury Team Present at Upcoming CLEBC Conference
June 7, 2017
On June 9th, Practice Group leader, David Hay, Q.C., along with associates, Julie Facchin and Yianni...
RBS’ Lawyers Recognized in 2019 Edition of Best Lawyers in Canada
January 3, 2018
RBS celebrates and acknowledges five of our lawyers who have been recognized in the 2019 edition of Best Lawyers...