Real Estate Development
RBS assists developers—both new and highly experienced—as well as landowners, investors and lending institutions with real estate development projects in the Lower Mainland and across British Columbia. The Real Estate Development Group regularly advises clients on a broad range of development projects – from single-unit redevelopments to complex mixed-use towers. The firm has particular expertise with development of leasehold land. Whatever the project, RBS provides a thorough, disciplined, cost-effective and solutions-oriented approach to real estate development.
The Real Estate Development Group regularly assists clients in the following areas:
- Property purchase and sales
- Corporate structuring, including joint ventures, limited partnerships and other structures
- Disclosure statements and matters related to the Real Estate Development Marketing Act
- Residential, commercial and mixed-use developments
- Strata/condominium developments
- Leasehold, social housing and cooperative developments
The Real Estate Development Group works closely with the firm’s Wealth Preservation Group and Real Estate Lending Group to advise on ways to create personalized, tax-efficient plans for individuals and families by transferring property, constructing family trusts, and working with financial advisors. The group also works in conjunction with the Litigation and Dispute Resolution Group to provide advice on handling tough negotiations and complex litigation involving:
- Construction matters
- Environmental litigation
- Issues surrounding Aboriginal land claims
RED Talks Coming to Vancouver on May 31st
May 24, 2018
Our Real Estate Group is proudly sponsoring the upcoming RED Talks, a speaker series on city life and urban...
RBS a proud sponsor of Century Group Delta Health Classic Golf Tournament
May 30, 2018
Taking place on June 14th, the money raised at this year's event will go towards a new CT scanner...