RBS works regularly with developers looking to assemble all types of lands for potential redevelopment. The Land Assembly Group assists clients with negotiating purchase contracts, reviewing title to the subject lands, advising on the terms of existing neighbourhood plans and other municipal concerns, giving consideration to environmental and other issues, registering options to purchase and related charges on title securing the purchaser’s interest, and closing on the subject lands. The firm understands that the vendors vary significantly in their level of expertise and comfort in dealing with developers and lawyers, and works to find reasonable and carefully tailored solutions to ensure that clients are able to secure the lands necessary to carry out their business objectives.
The Land Assembly Group’s experience in land assembly transactions includes:
- Settling the largest townhouse re-development project in the City of Vancouver’s history
- Working with clients to negotiate and settle unique vendor take-back financing
- Helping secure approvals to re-develop Agricultural Land Reserve lands
- Working with local realtors and vendors selling family homes, including negotiating rent-back terms
- Working with local governments to identify and address the likely conditions for clients’ proposed redevelopments