The group at RBS of knowledgeable and experienced trademark agents and lawyers manage all aspects of trademark portfolios in Canada, the USA, and around the world. Whether you are a start-up, small business, national or global corporation, or a company undergoing restructuring, the Trademark Services Group can ensure that your trademarks and brands are protected.
The firm’s agents are recognized to practice before the Canadian Intellectual Property Office and the United States Patent and Trademark Office, and present regularly on topics that heighten the awareness of trademark and intellectual property in general to the business community. With more than 20 years of experience in this area, the Trademark Services Group is well equipped to assist you with a full range of trademark matters, including:
- Conducting an in-depth trademark availability search to determine whether your trademark is available for use prior to filing your applications
- Drafting your trademark application to ensure that it is correctly filed and monitored
- Diarizing deadlines to ensure the timely filing of documents—a missed deadline could result in the inadvertent abandonment of the applications or deletion of your registration
- Reviewing your product, service, packaging and promotional materials to ensure that the trademark is being properly displayed and used
- Negotiating opposition, cancellation proceedings or settlement
- Policing and enforcing your trademark rights and managing your trademark portfolio
- Defending your trademarks through legal proceedings, including trademark infringement actions
Jonathan Woolley quoted in recent CBC article on trademark infringement
November 2, 2018
Our Intellectual Property lawyers successfully argued an action before the Federal Court of Canada for trademark infringement against the...