Joe C. Chan
陈颂恒 于2006年加入Richards Buell Sutton LLP，现在是本所公司和商业及证券业务组的
成员。 颂恒 获得理学学士学位（生物科学）并于2003年从卡尔加利大学获得法学学士学
颂恒 通过Joe Chan Law Corporation 提供法律服务。
- 成立有限合伙企业以及相关的股本融资(房地产, 餐饮以及科技行业)
- 成立房贷投资公司, 完成发行备忘录融资以及相关的商业交易
卡尔加利大学校园/社区广播电台 CJSW FM 90.9 董事会前成员，2000年 – 2006年
为前中国城夜市以及“金饺子”食品节提供无偿法律咨询 ，2013年 – 2015年
卡尔加利大学校园/社区广播电台 CJSW FM 90.9 董事会前成员，1995年 – 2006年
Joe Chan has been a member of Richards Buell Sutton LLP since moving to Vancouver more than a decade ago. Prior to that move, he lived and practised in Calgary. Through all of that time – and now – Joe has advised on business law and securities/corporate finance matters for a broad range of clients, including TSX/TSXV/CSE listed public companies, mining companies, resource companies, real estate investment companies and trusts, technology ventures, restaurants, artists, writers, to name a few.
Joe has experience with a wide array of business transactions, assisting clients from the “start-up” phase of their business to the “exit” sale of their business, and all issues and challenges that arise in-between, all with a focus on providing sensible, practical advice to help his clients realize their dreams (and sometimes more).
He has also worked on securities law matters, from assisting clients through their IPOs, debt and equity financings, mergers and acquisitions, corporate governance matters, plans of arrangement, and ‘go private’ transactions, as well as a broad range of cross-border transactions.
Outside of his legal work, Joe has written about food, music and art for numerous publications, was the publisher/editor of a monthly arts/culture magazine, and a co-editor/writer for two food websites.
Joe provides legal services through Joe Chan Law Corporation.
REPRESENTATIVE CLIENT WORK
- Acquisition of TSXV-listed mining company, with concurrent “spin out” transaction via a plan of arrangement, listing, and private placement financing.
- Restructuring of a real estate investment company to a REIT structure, with concurrent public offering
- Public offering of convertible debentures for TSXV-listed real estate investment company
- Asset acquisition of accounting firm
- Sale of biotech company with concurrent equity financing
- Cross-border acquisition of inspection services business and software manufacturer
- “Go private” transaction of a technology company through a triangular amalgamation, with concurrent formation of a cross-border joint venture
- Acquisition of Russian mining assets through a reverse takeover transaction, with concurrent private placement financing
- Formation of limited partnership and equity financing for restaurant group
- Structuring advice for craft breweries
- Board of Directors, Dr. Sun Yat-Sen Classical Chinese Garden
- Pro bono legal advice to the former Chinatown Night Market and “Golden Dumpling” food festival (2013-2015)
- Board of Directors, on-air show host of CJSW FM 90.9 (1995-2006)
- Board of Directors, Greater Vancouver Food Bank (2017-2018)
Joe C. Chan's Recent Activity
RBS continues our support of the Association of Corporate Growth
May 15, 2019
On May 21st, join ACG at the Hyatt Regency Vancouver for their RBS sponsored May luncheon. The panel discussion...
Joe C. Chan Supports Future of Chinatown’s Dr. Sun Yat-Sen Classical Chinese Garden
June 12, 2019
Leader of our Asia-Pacific and Securities & Corporate Finance Groups, Joe C. Chan