David W. Harvey
David is a partner in the firm’s Business Law Group and Employment and Human Rights Group. Prior to joining Richards Buell Sutton LLP, he practiced with a boutique business law firm in downtown Vancouver for many years, advising clients on a wide range of legal matters including mergers and acquisitions, general corporate and commercial, employment, and commercial real estate matters.
David has extensive experience handling transactions for the purchase and sale of privately owned businesses in a variety of industries, including dental and medical, technology/software, private education, restaurants and bars, resorts, construction and manufacturing, among many others. He prides himself on providing his clients with practical and timely advice.
Outside of the office, David enjoys running and hiking with his rescue husky.
David provides legal services through David W. Harvey Law Corporation.
REPRESENTATIVE CLIENT WORK
- Advising and structuring professionals including dentists, doctors, lawyers, and accountants;
- Corporate restructuring and reorganizations, including divisive reorganizations;
- Co-ownership agreements including shareholders agreements, partnership and limited partnership agreements, cost-sharing agreements;
- Licensing, distribution, franchise, and other commercial arrangements;
- Service contracts including SaaS and cloud-based services;
- Commercial real estate and leasing; and
- Other business legal issues and transactions.
- Employment and consulting agreements;
- Employee-ownership arrangements; and
David W. Harvey's Recent Activity
RBS Lawyers Catch the Heat at ACG’s Summer Heat Social
July 6, 2023
The Association for Corporate Growth (ACG) BC is a local community for deal making and corporate growth to help middle market...
Celebrating Pride Month in June!
June 7, 2023
In June Canadians honour Pride Month; a time to celebrate the LGBTQ+ community.
At RBS, we share a collective passion...