Sab Sidhu practices in the firm’s Litigation and Dispute Resolution Group. He understands that a lawyer’s role is to help clients navigate complex legal issues in order to achieve the best result possible. He accomplishes this by utilizing his strong understanding of the legal principals underlying a matter and blending it with an approach that is flexible, people focused, and, above all, practical.
Sab has represented clients in the British Columbia Provincial Court, Supreme Court, and Court of Appeal, and his practice includes work on insurance defence, construction, real estate, commercial leasing, and personal injury matters. He joined RBS in 2021 after honing his legal skills at a leading Vancouver litigation boutique.
He addresses every issue with careful consideration to provide a tailored plan of action, and bears in mind an approach that cuts to the heart of the matter is the best way to provide cost-effective solutions. Whether your issue requires using the various procedures of court, or finding the appropriate alternative dispute resolution, he can help you reach a favourable outcome.
Born and raised in the Lower Mainland, Sab received his undergraduate degree from the University of British Columbia and was a varsity football player for the Thunderbirds. He went on to attain his law degree at the University of Victoria where he volunteered with Access Pro Bono, was the President of the Sports and Entertainment Law Club, and was a member of the Law Students’ Society. In his first year at the University of Victoria, Sab won the annual Denton’s Negotiation Competition held at the school and, in his final year of law school, spent a semester abroad at Hong Kong University.
REPRESENTATIVE CLIENT WORK
Sab has worked for numerous insurers on complex personal injury and property damage claims, including for matters relating to motor vehicle, construction, occupier’s liability, and product liability. Recent experience includes:
- Defending catastrophic personal injury claims, including claims where the plaintiff suffered severe traumatic brain injuries forcing them to rely on 24 hour care and claims where plaintiffs were left quadriplegic;
- Defending builders in large, multi-party “leaky condo” cases; and
- Defending property owners against slip and fall claims.
Sab has varied experience in litigating business disputes, including:
- Acting for a real estate developer in relation to a pre-sale condominium sale to hold a buyer to a contract;
- Acting for a party seeking to recover misappropriated business funds in a family-run real estate venture;
- Bringing and defending claims relating to payment disputes for contractors; and
- Acting for landlords and tenants in commercial lease disputes.
Outside of the office, Sab attempts to keep a somewhat regular workout routine. He has a love-hate relationship with fantasy football, loves to travel, and spends his time keeping his dog, Timber, from getting into trouble.
Li v. 1083195 B.C. Ltd. 2022 BCSC 2063
- Counsel for a real estate developer in relation to the sale of a pre-sale condominium where the buyer sought to cancel the contract prior to an occupancy permit being issued for the development. The Court found the buyer continued to be bound by the contract.
Ambroziewicz v Zhang 2022 BCSC 2109
- Counsel for the seller in a residential real estate sale where the buyer refused to release the deposit to the seller after failing to complete the purchase due to the purchaser being subject to the Foreign Buyer’s Tax.
NEWSLETTERS & PUBLICATIONS
- Author, “Ontario Court of Appeal Clarifies Appraisal/Dispute Resolution Process” – RBS Insurance Newsletter, June, 2022; Canadian Journal of Insurance Law, LexisNexis, January, 2023
Sabdeep Sidhu's Recent Activity
Vote for RBS’ Personal Injury Team for Best Lawyer When Accident Strikes!
September 13, 2021
Vote for RBS' Personal Injury team of lawyers including, Jim Vilvang, David Hay Q.C., Michelle Quinn,