Steven joined Richards Buell Sutton in 2022 after practicing with a boutique real estate and business law firm in Surrey, B.C. He is passionate about providing legal advice and expertise to clients in RBS’ Business and Real Estate groups. He is also a member of RBS’ South Asian Practice group, where he can communicate fluently in Punjabi to provide legal services across all areas of his practice.
As a member of the solicitor group, Steven assists clients in the areas of corporate, commercial, real estate, franchise and business law. His practice includes advising clients ranging from individuals and small businesses, to larger companies.
Born and raised in British Columbia, Steven completed his undergraduate studies locally at Simon Fraser University’s Beedie School of Business. Prior to his legal career, he worked in both the public and private sectors, gaining exposure with different government agencies and private enterprises.
Steven attended law school in the land down under in Australia. Having completed his law studies oversees and working in various legal clinic roles, he brings a practical and global-minded perspective to his practice to service the community he grew up in.
Outside of work, Steven enjoys spending time with family and friends, keeping an active lifestyle, and everything food and travel related. He is keen to explore and seek out new experiences, and has a passion for sports and music.
REPRESENTATIVE CLIENT WORK
- Assists clients with asset or share purchase and sale transactions, and other commercial transactions of various complexities;
- Drafts, reviews/interprets and negotiates many types of contracts, agreements, leases and other legal documents;
- Assists clients with incorporations, shareholder agreements, financing, records book organization, corporate wind up and dissolution, and general corporate matters;
- Assists clients with real estate purchases, sales, refinances, loans/mortgages and bare trusts, and works with various stakeholder groups and professionals to deliver full service transactional solutions;
- Advises both landlords and tenants on commercial lease matters;
- Advises clients to change and update business practices to comply with new laws and regulations; and
- Provides general legal advice to businesses and clients across a broad range of industries.
NOTABLE TRANSACTIONAL WORK
- Co-counsel on a complex $61 million business sale transaction; and
- Counsel to multiple franchisors with franchises across Canada.
- Having played competitive soccer growing up, Steven volunteers his time coaching with the local youth soccer associations in Surrey, B.C.