Practice AreasEstate Litigation Family Litigation & Dispute Resolution South Asian Wealth Preservation
Share This Page
Kiran’s practice is focused on family law and estate litigation. She is particularly interested in the intersection of the two areas, and recognizes that navigating through issues in both family and estate matters can often be stressful and emotional. She endeavors to provide clients with practical and pragmatic solutions tailored to their unique circumstances and objectives.
Kiran strives to assist her clients to reach out of court settlements; however, she is prepared to take matters to court when appropriate and necessary. As an experienced litigator, she regularly appears in both the Provincial and Supreme Courts of British Columbia. Kiran has also assisted senior counsel with matters at the British Columbia Court of Appeal.
She was born and raised in Vancouver, BC where she continues to live. Outside of the office, Kiran enjoys spending time with family and friends, and exploring local trails with her dog Teddy.
Kiran is fluent in Punjabi and can consult with clients in the Punjabi language.
REPRESENTATIVE CLIENT WORK
Since her call to the Bar in 2014, Kiran has primarily practiced in the area of family law. Her family practice covers all areas of family law, including:
- drafting agreements including cohabitation, marriage, and separation agreements,
- advising clients in the complex area of asset and debt division,
- advising clients with matters relating to children, such as guardianship and parenting time, as well as child and spousal support
- negotiating on behalf of parties at mediation, and
- representing parties in court.
Kiran’s developing estate litigation practice includes:
- assisting clients where family law and estate litigation intersect
- issues respecting claims of spousal status in estate matters,
- committeeship applications, and
- undue influence and incapacity claims.
- Past Mentor, UBC Arts Tri-Mentoring Program