Meghan C. Sahlstrom
Meghan has a background in psychology and this experience helps her to navigate the difficult emotional issues that clients can face when going through a separation. She also ensures that her clients have a solid understanding of the legal issues arising from their situation.
Meghan works to present the law in a way that is clear so that her clients may make the most informed decisions. Since being called to the bar in 2019, Meghan has practiced exclusively family law. She has appeared in both the B.C. Supreme Court and the B.C. Provincial Court regarding family law matters. Meghan has also represented clients in mediations and negotiations in order to achieve the best possible outcome in every individual case.
REPRESENTATIVE CLIENT WORK
Meghan’s experience includes:
- representation in court;
- negotiation of parties’ interest at mediation and collaborative meetings;
- drafting agreements including cohabitation, marriage, and separation agreements;
- advising clients with matters relating to children, such as guardianship, parenting time, parental responsibilities, child support, and spousal support;
- advising clients in the complex area of asset and debt division; and
- child protection matters.
Meghan grew up in beautiful British Columbia’s Fraser Valley where she attended the University of the Fraser Valley for her Bachelor of Arts degree with a major in Psychology and a minor in Criminal Justice. During law school, Meghan spent time volunteering for the Thompson Rivers University (TRU) Legal Information Services Centre, the Family Live Help online service with Legal Aid B.C., and the Kamloops Immigrant Services.
When not assisting her clients, Meghan enjoys summer camping trips and spending time exploring the local trails.
- “Parenting: Doing What’s in the Best Interest of the Child” – Presented to HUB Cycling, and BC Cycling Coalition Members, July 13, 2023