Seminar: 2015 – A Hot Year for Employment Cases
Posted on March 4, 2016
Please join the Employment Law Group of Richards Buell Sutton LLP as they present an overview of their top 5 employment cases of 2015:
- Potter v. New Brunswick Legal Aid Services Commission (Supreme Court of Canada) – How did the Supreme Court clarify the test for “constructive dismissal” in Potter?
- Morgan v. Vitran Express Canada Inc. (Ontario Court of Appeal) – Does a demotion automatically amount to constructive dismissal?
- Steel v. Coast Capital Savings Credit Union (British Columbia Court of Appeal) – Has the law on “just cause” for a single incident changed?
- Bhasin v. Hrynew and Heritage Education Funds Inc. (Supreme Court of Canada) – What was the Supreme Court’s rationale for extending the organizing principle of good faith and the duty of honest performance to commercial contracts?
- Miller v. Convergys CMG Canada Limited Partnership, 2014 BCCA 311 – In the Spring of 2015, the Supreme Court of Canada denied leave to appeal the BC Court of Appeal’s decision upholding a termination provision in an employment agreement – Is this good news for Employers?
Friday, March 4, 2016
Light Breakfast & Registration: 8:00 am
Seminar: 8:30 am – 10:00 am
Richards Boardroom – 7th Floor of RBS’ offices, 401 W. Georgia St, Vancouver, BC V6B 5A1
Light breakfast served.
For further information or to RSVP, please email email@example.com or call Chelsea Wallace, Marketing Coordinator, at 604.661.9231.