Commercial and Real Property Litigation
“If you want peace, prepare for war.”
The best way to achieve a favourable settlement is to have counsel on your side who will provide excellent representation if the matter does proceed to court or arbitration. The lawyers at RBS are well versed in all forms of litigation and domestic commercial arbitration proceedings.
The Commercial and Real Property Litigation Group has counsel with all levels of experience so that it can provide cost-effective services to its clients for all types and sizes of business and commercial disputes.
The starting point for resolution of any business, commercial, or real property dispute is for RBS’ lawyers to develop an understanding of your business, the transaction at issue and your strategic objectives. The Commercial and Real Property Litigation Group works directly with its clients and their other professional service advisors to prevent or resolve disputes in an efficient and cost-effective manner.
RBS’ dispute lawyers are experienced in business law, corporate and commercial transactions, bankruptcy and insolvency, estates and trusts, franchising and distribution agreements, intellectual property, real estate transactions and shareholders’ disputes. They regularly speak at continuing legal education conferences and industry associations as specialists on alternative dispute resolution topics.
A significant portion of the Commercial and Real Property Litigation Group’s practice involves the following:
- Enforcement of contracts of purchase and sale, including claims for return or forfeiture of deposits and damages arising from breach
- Commission disputes
- Claims involving allegations of misrepresentation or breach of fiduciary duty against real estate agents
- Effective use of caveats and certificates of pending litigation
- Claims for specific performance of agreements
- Disputes arising from the discovery of latent or patent defects to property
- Mortgage disputes including actions for possession, foreclosure and judicial sale
- Disputes concerning easements, restrictive covenants and other restrictions on use or access
RBS prides itself on its ability to provide high quality legal services that are tailored to the nature of the dispute and the client’s budget.