Sunny is a lawyer in the Estate and Wealth Advisory Group, and assists families with estate and business succession planning. Prior to joining the firm, he articled and worked as an associate at a midsize firm in the Tri-Cities, where he maintained a broad practice in the areas of business law, real estate, and will and estates.
Sunny was born and raised in Surrey, B.C. Before pursuing law, he graduated with a Bachelor of Science and Minor in Commerce with distinction at the University of British Columbia. Sunny went on to receive his Diploma in Accounting at the University of British Columbia where he studied both managerial and financial accounting. With experience working as an accountant for small businesses and growing up in a family that owns two small businesses, Sunny understands the importance of assisting families and business owners in achieving their estate planning and business succession intentions. The planning that Sunny implements is aimed at preserving wealth by minimizing your taxes, ensuring your testamentary wishes are carried out, and ensuring the wealth you have worked hard to accumulate stays within your family for future generations. Sunny prides himself on providing clients with quality, cost-effective and timely legal advice.
- Advise and assist clients with estate planning, including Wills, Alter Ego Trusts, Joint Partner Trusts, Powers of Attorney, and Representation Agreements
- Advise and assist businesses on corporate reorganizations including section 51, section 85, and section 86 transfers, estate freezes, amalgamations and dissolutions.
- Advise individuals, corporations and trusts on tax planning
- Advise and assist business owners with selecting best business structure, including corporations, partnerships, limited partnerships, and joint ventures.
Honours, Awards and External Publications
- Recipient of South Asian Bar Association Scholarship (2014)
- Recipient of Law Foundation Award, University of British Columbia (2013)
- Past Legal Clinician, Law Students Legal Advice Program
- Past Resource Centre Ambassador, Royal Columbian Hospital