Alex articled with RBS before joining the Wealth Preservation and Estate & Wealth Advisory practice groups in 2020. He practices primarily in the areas of estates and trusts and regularly advises on all aspects of estate planning, trust planning, incapacity planning, probate avoidance and estate administration. He has a wide range of experience in these areas and assists clients with the preparation of Wills, Powers of Attorney, Representation Agreements, and Trusts (including family, testamentary, disability, and life interest trusts).
Prior to joining the firm, Alex attended the Peter A. Allard School of Law at UBC where he participated in the Law Students’ Legal Advice Program and as the Clinic Coordinator for the Artists’ Legal Outreach Clinic.
He is a member of our Student Recruitment Committee which involves working alongside other members to select candidates for our Student Program through interviews, giving presentations and attending events.
Alex was born and raised in Vancouver, and is happy to continue to call this city home. Before his career in law, he worked for nearly a decade in the Vancouver film and television production industry. He is a father to two amazing daughters and is a very proud ‘Girl Dad’. Outside of the office, Alex enjoys boxing, gardening and cycling.
Representative Client Work
- Advise and assist clients with applications for grant of probate and the administration of estates;
- Advise and assist clients with probate and wills variation avoidance planning including advising on joint ownership of assets and the use of various trust and corporate structures;
- Work closely with clients to develop and implement comprehensive estate plans which include the use of Wills, Powers of Attorney, Representation Agreements, and Trusts (including family, testamentary, disability, and life interest trusts);
- Advise clients on general real estate matters (including the gifting of legal and beneficial interests in real property and the benefits and risks of the different ownership structures), as well as the preparation and filing of Transparency Reports as required by the new Land Owner Transparency Act;
- Advise professional and corporate clients on general corporate matters, including estate freezes and re-organizations; and
- Advise clients on the various transparency rules and requirements that now affect many British Columbians (including transparency reporting under the Land Owner Transparency Act, the BC Business Corporations Act, and the new federal trust reporting requirements under the Income Tax Act).
Alexander Pedlow's Recent Activity
Alexander Pedlow Joins RBS as an Associate
May 28, 2020
Congratulations to Alex Pedlow on joining the firm as an Associate. He came to RBS as an Articling...